If you’re one of the five percent of Americans suffering from tinnitus that is “moderately to significantly annoying,” it’s a great idea to visit Watauga Hearing for an assessment. Our audiologists are equipped with tools and strategies to help patients with tinnitus, but first we need to assess your condition.
The aim of your first appointment is to better understand your hearing and tinnitus. To do this, you may experience the following at your first visit:
- You will be asked to fill out a questionnaire called the Tinnitus Handicap Inventory (THI) prior to the appointment so your audiologist can determine the severity of your tinnitus
- Your audiologist will have an introductory tinnitus discussion with you
- Your hearing will be evaluated to determine if you have hearing loss and if a medical evaluation of your tinnitus is necessary
- Your audiologist will provide an explanation of your tinnitus and hearing situation
- Your audiologist will discuss your tinnitus management options with you
If you suffer from tinnitus, you are not alone. Call Watauga Hearing at (423) 928-1901 to schedule an appointment for a Tinnitus Assessment