Watauga Hearing offers a variety of tests to help diagnose balance problems:
- Comprehensive hearing evaluation
- Difficulties hearing are sometimes associated with balance problems
- Videonystagmography (VNG)
- Uses small cameras to record your eye movements, which play a role in vestibular function and balance. Your eye movements are recorded for a series of tasks, including keeping your eyes fixed on a stationary then moving target, while you are placed in different head and body positions, and while cool and warm air is placed into the ear canal.
- Electronystagmography (ENG)
- Includes the same tasks as VNG testing but is recorded with electrodes instead of cameras
- Vestibular evoked myogenic potentials (VEMPs)
- Uses electrodes attached to your neck, forehead and under your eyes to measure tiny changes in muscle contractions in reaction to sound
- Dix-Hallpike Maneuver and Roll Test
- The head and body are turned in different positions while your eye movements are recorded to determine if you have a false sense of motion or spinning
Call Watauga Hearing at (423) 928-1901 for more information or to schedule an appointment.